Author: Brian Holt - Microsoft
Release Date: July 6, 2021
Duration: 9 hours, 4 minutes
Course Source: https://frontendmasters.com/courses/computer-science-v2/
Pass those difficult algorithms and data structures interview questions asked by the largest silicon valley companies. Even if you didn’t go to school for it, gain the advantages and skills a traditional computer science education can give you. We’ll tackle the big computer science concepts: Algorithms and Big O Analysis, Recursion, Sorting, Data Structures, AVL Trees, Binary Search Trees, Tree Traversals, and Path Finding.
This course and others like it are available as part of our Frontend Masters video subscription.
Some Key Takeaways!
By coding along with us, you’ll:
• Algorithms and Big O Analysis
• Sorting: Bubble, Insertion, Merge & Quick
• Data Structures: Stacks, Queues and Priority Queues, Maps and Sets, Hash Tables, Array Lists, Linked Lists, Binary Search Trees & AVL Trees
• Functional Programming 101: Map, Reduce & Filter
• Bloom filters, Tree traversals, Path finding, Maze generation, and Graphs
• NP (nondeterministic polynomial time), NP-Hard, NP-Complete problems (like traveling salesman)
• More sorting!
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Ever been asked a dumb interview question about arcane computer science concepts that you haven’t ever learned and you question why they’re asking? We’re going to learn both how to ace those interviews and why those concepts are still useful to you! Four more semesters of computer science! This class will cover additional concepts not covered by the first part. It is not required that you take both or even in order. So come in and learn the sorts of things they’ll ask you in technical interviews and that will help you be a better programmer.
• Having taken the previous 4 Semesters of CS class helps, but is not required